When Timberland introduced their first ever waterproof leather boot in 1973, they set new standards for the industry to follow. Timberland boots are known for their exquisite craftsmanship, protection, and durability. Their boots are built to help wearers make the most of their time outdoors.
The men’s Chocorua Trail Gore-Tex Mid Hiking Boot exudes class and high quality. It is a mid-height hiker boot that is built to deliver exceptional performance in rugged terrain as well as wet trails.
The very fact that it comes from the house of a global leader in footwear engineering and design raises our expectations from it. So, does the Chocorua Trail Gore-Tex meet our expectations? Can we call it the best hiking boot money can buy?
Let’s do an in-depth analysis of the features, pros and cons of the Men’s Chocorua Trail Gore-Tex Mid Hiking Boot to see where it stands in this competitive market.
In terms of styling and appearance, Timberland has kept it low-key without any frills. We liked the traditional hiking boot feel which inspires you to put it on and set out on a new trip.
The upper body of the Chocorua boot is made from premium full-grain leather which gives it the durability and comfort factor you can find in any traditional leather boot. This is combined with a Gore-tex membrane that makes the boot water resistant. It also helps in regulating the temperature within the boot.
It features an anti-fatigue technology which provides enhanced protection to your feet and keeps them comfortable all day long. The inner sole comprises of a removable EVA foot bed which is perforated to enable easy air circulation.
When it comes to waterproofing abilities, these shoes definitely score a lot of points. The tongue is built in a way to run through the upper side of the boot. So, once you lace up the boot tightly you don’t have to worry about water getting inside.
The outer sole is made from tough and high quality rubber so you don’t have to worry about it wearing away after a few trips. These boots are built to last for several years if you take good care of them when storing during the winter season.
The Men’s Chocorua boot comes with a padded heel that is carefully designed to provide maximum comfort even while you tread on rocky and rough terrain. It comes with 400 grams of premium insulation to provide comfort and warmth to your feet even in cold and wet conditions.
We like the fact Timberland has not compromised with the comfort aspect of the boot. The boot not only provides padded protection for the heel and toes, but the ankle area is well-supported.
Hiking boots are all about the level of grip and traction they provide. The Chocorua comes with a durable rubber lug outer sole which works well on all types of trails from dry and rocky to wet and muddy.
- The boots look good and they are lightweight, unlike some of the heavy hiking boots out there that make it difficult to walk.
- It offers a snug fit and enhanced comfort with extra padding in the heel and toe area.
- They require less of a break-in period so you can actually set on a hiking trip the next day you buy these boots.
- You can wear these boots all day long and still not get any blisters on your skin.
- It provides good support and traction in almost all types of terrains hence it works well for those who like experimenting.
- It is reasonably priced and impressively Timberland has not compromised with quality to keep the price low.
- The inner sole is made of breathable material so you don’t have smelly or sweaty feet even after wearing the shoes all day.
- The eyelets look sharp and they might break easily, needing a repair.
- The laces that come with the boots are not the best in quality so you may consider buying better one. s
The Timberland Men Chocorua Trail Gore Tex mid hiking boot surely has a lot of things to love about it which explains why it’s so popular among hikers. We can safely say that it is one of the best hiking boots we have reviewed. From design and appearance to traction and overall performance, the boot does not disappoint us. It exudes every bit of the class and quality Timberland is known for.
At this price, we definitely couldn’t have asked for more. It is good for beginners as well as for those adventurous outdoor enthusiasts who love to tread on challenging trails.